Volunteer Your Time
The Prometheus Symphony Orchestra is run by its volunteer members, who not only perform, but also sit on the Board, organize the music library, raise funds, sell ads and run concession stands.
If you enjoy our concerts and would like a closer relationship with our orchestra, we would greatly appreciate any volunteer time you could offer. We are currently hoping for help with:
We need 4-5 ushers to arrive at 2:15 (check in with Bonnie Bogue) and to use common sense in:
– Guiding audience members to empty seats
– Knowing the location of the 3 restrooms
– Directing audience members in wheelchairs or walkers to the appropriate locations
– Preventing people from bringing food or drinks into the Sanctuary after intermission
– Making sure audience members are respectful of Church property i.e. not playing with candle sticks, not bouncing up and down on the pews, etc.
In appreciation for their service, Ushers are entitled to free coffee and food at intermission.
• Grant writing
• Organizing our concert program ad campaign (not necessarily selling ads)
• Other fund raising
Please contact me directly to discuss how you can help!
John Gilbert, Ph.D.
President, Board of Directors
The Prometheus Symphony Orchestra
P O Box 3335
Oakland CA 94609-3335